• The Valdez Civic & Convention Center provides the ideal setting for your meetings. Among its theatre, grand ballroom and conference rooms are fifteen thousand square feet of accessible and flexible space. This functional environment is enhanced by the facility's spectacular and scenic setting
• The grand ballroom has six thousand four hundred square feet which is available in its entirety or in three separate, soundproofed sections. Each room is fully equipped with theatrical lighting and sound capabilities.
• Stages in three levels, raised tables, and dance floors are available to fit your needs. The ballrooms are utilized for a variety of purposes including banquets, exhibits, meetings, and concerts.
• Adjacent to the ballrooms is a complete commercial kitchen with extensive preparation space. Food service equipment includes complete catering cookware along with china, glassware, and silverware. Valdez has several experienced caterers to meet your food and beverage requirements.
• The theatre is furnished with inclined seating for 420 delegates and guests, a raised stage, and a green room. Cyclorama curtain, special effect lighting, modern sound and projection equipment, a nine foot Steinway piano, dressing rooms, and wheelchair accessibility are additional features of the theatre. This room serves well for plenary meeting sessions or evening performances.
• The conference rooms also separates into three distinct spaces for breakout, board, or committee sessions. Each is equipped with partitions and comes with a panoramic view of Port Valdez.
• All public areas conveniently adjoin the main hallway. This hallway is considered the center's scenic hall with its south wall of windows offering majestic views of the Port and the Alyeska Pipeline Marine Terminal. The space works well as registration, exhibit and information functions and is wheelchair accessible.
Civic Center Cinema
In the spring of 2008 the City of Valdez made a radical move by installing digital cinema in the performance Theatre of the Valdez Convention and Civic Center.
At that time we were one of only two performance theatres in the nation to have live performances and show current Hollywood hits in the same space. With the main stage speakers on wheels, and the 30’ x 16’ roll-up screen capability, our Theatre has a rare flexibility that is unexpected in a community our size.
With the addition of Dolby 3D in 2010 we now are a fully equipped movie theatre, with 420 comfortable popcorn seats. Our reasonably priced concessions include a self-serve popcorn bar featuring buttery topping and a large assortment of popcorn seasonings, at no extra charge!
Civic Center Cinema
110 Clifton Drive
P.O. Box 1849
Valdez, Alaska, 99686
Movie Hotline: (907) 835-3200
Main Office: (907) 835-4440